The programme lasts 12 months, with 1 semester of classes and 1 semester of work placements in companies.
The programme comprises a single core curriculum divided into 3 teaching units (TUs), which include courses, lectures and visits to companies/industrial sites.
UE 1: Materials and product value chains
- Materials science
- Elaboration and shaping
- Raw materials and natural resources
- Materials and industrial sectors
UE 2 : Product life cycle and socio-economic aspects
- LCA, industrial and regional ecology
- Ecodesign and choice of materials
- Characteristics of secondary raw materials (SRMs), markets and regulatory aspects
- Public policy, innovation and emerging themes
- Activity of eco-organisations
- Sociology of waste
- Logistics and reverse logistics for end-of-life products
UE 3 : Innovative processes for the circular economy
- Sorting and identification methods, physical, chemical and thermochemical recycling of plastics and composites
- Energy recovery
- Recovery and recycling of common and strategic metals
- Composting and biodegradation, contamination issues
- Advanced manufacturing methods
- Design and re-use of materials
Multidisciplinary scientific and technical project
Carried out in the schools' research centres, this project, tutored by teacher-researchers from IMT Mines Albi and IMT Mines Alès, places the students in the role of project manager.
The aim of the second semester's in-company professional assignments is to carry out a complete study of an industrial subject. The aim is to put into practice the students' ability to grasp an industrial problem in its broadest sense: scientific, technological, socio-economic, organisational and relational.